Happy Birthday to my darling Grand daughter; “Jamie Kay Katz “. She was born at Alta Bates Hospital in Berkeley, Ca. in 1987. The same hospital her Mother and my youngest son was born. I knew the wonderful Maternity Ward well. When Jamie was born her Mother’s Doctor had nine other Mothers in labor at the same time. We were in a private room and the Dr. came in and explained her problem. She knew I had delivered my two by natural child-birth and used the Lamaze system. She rushed in, examined my daughter and announced she was dilated to nine. She slapped some clamps in my hand, saying over her shoulder as she left the room; “You know what to do, don’t ring for me unless it is something you can’t handle.”
My Grand daughter was born, I clipped the cord and clamped it off. I was drying her off, when the Pediatrician came in, checked the baby and put drops in her eyes. Glanced at my daughter and said; “Fine, fine.” Turning to me he announced; “You know where the nursery is, take the baby there and they will exam her.” as he exited the room. I wrapped my precious name sake up swaddled style and proceeded to walk down the hall. All of a sudden I was over whelmed with emotion, I was holding this precious bundle and no one was even watching me. I felt like someone had entrusted me with all the gold and sent me alone to the bank. Goose bumps galore. When I arrived at the nursery things were hectic. All the nurses were busy examining new babies. The nurse directed me to an exam table asked the babies’ name, clipped a name bracelet on her wrist and taking the clip board she said: “Since you delivered her, you can help with her exam.” She would direct me and write down my answers on the clip board. It was all so exciting.
This baby was the perfect child. I never had to spank her. She spent much of her childhood with me and our bond continues to this day. I am so proud of the young woman she is today. She has a successful career, is the Mother of two adorable super smart children and the wife of a man who adores her and the children. She impresses me with her wisdom and management ability.
She called me last night at 10:30 p.m. after working an eleven hour shift as a Chef at the Marriott Hotel. We talked until almost midnight.
She is my joy.
- 34,750 hits
- Junior Achievement, Inc. January 23, 2017After I left my job as Catering Manager of Jack London Inn. I could not find a job. In the late sixties I was one of three women to hold a job as a Hotel Executive in California. I … Continue reading →marysfarmreport
- Women’s March 2017 January 22, 2017Mary K. Smalley · WOMEN’S MARCH….. I am 77 years old this year. I have been a Woman Libber way before it was popular. I was one of three women to be a Hotel Executive in the state of … Continue reading →marysfarmreport
- My best friend died today… July 16, 2016My Dear Friend: Sharon Elliott just died. I am so sadden to know she will no longer be available to me for our phone calls and visits. But, I am relieved that she is no longer suffering. I think of… … Continue reading →marysfarmreport
- My best friend died today… July 16, 2016My Dear Friend: Sharon Elliott just died. I am so sadden to know she will no longer be available to me for our phone calls and visits. But, I am relieved that she is no longer suffering. I think of … Continue reading →marysfarmreport
- A Star Shines In Paradise…Sisters and Cancer August 18, 2015Originally posted on marysfarmreport: A Star Shines in Paradise…..Sisters and Cancer My sister; Linda Mae Dunlap born Aug.18, 1941 died of Cancer Aug. 6, 2003. After a fourteen year battle, which she fought gallantly. My sister and I spent most…marysfarmreport
- Mrs. Binghams Sixty Year Old Secret…. July 18, 2015Originally posted on marysfarmreport: I had a tradition of inviting a little old lady to lunch once a month. My girlfriends looked forward to being included as this was an opportunity to learn from some of these elderly stateswomen.? We…marysfarmreport
- Mrs. Binghams Sixty Year Old Secret…. June 5, 2015Originally posted on marysfarmreport: Mrs. Binghams Sixty Year Old Secret…..marysfarmreport
- The Gift of Time… is well spent. June 2, 2015The phone rang and Ron brought me the phone, I was watering the garden. It was Suzette. I have known her since she was a child. She was blessed with stunning good looks and a simple, loving mind. She was … Continue reading →marysfarmreport
- Merritt G. Smalley,III aka Gordo, my youngest child dies. April 30, 2015Originally posted on marysfarmreport: Dear Folks, The dogs woke me at 3:00 a.m. with their insistent barking. I could see the security lights were activated. The dogs were grouped in a pack at the yard gate. I went to see…marysfarmreport
- Last Rare White Mini-Schnauzer Puppy Sold.. March 10, 2015Molly May was bought by Susan Radcliffe and now resides with her cousin; Mr. Gibbs, bought from me four years ago. They now all reside in Anchorage, Alaska. Molly May will go to Susan’s office each day with Mr. Gibbs. … Continue reading →marysfarmreport
- Junior Achievement, Inc. January 23, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- My best friend died today... marysfarmreport.com/2016/07/16/my-… via @Fancydogs 1 month ago
- Rashida Tlaib is freaking out after getting news that could put her behind bars patriotpulse.net/rashida-tlaib-… via @PatriotPulse 1 month ago
- Nancy Pelosi broke down in tears when she saw these jaw-dropping impeachment poll numbers patriotpulse.net/nancy-pelosi-b… via @PatriotPulse 2 months ago
- A Star Shines In Paradise…Sisters and Cancer marysfarmreport.com/2011/06/05/a-s… via @Fancydogs 3 months ago
- A Star Shines In Paradise…Sisters and Cancer marysfarmreport.com/2015/08/18/a-s… via @Fancydogs 5 months ago